Recipe Bocconotti Abruzzesi
Components for 15-16 items
Recipe tailored by Weblog Giallo Zafferano
- 360 g bread flour (initially is used flour 00)
- 114 g olive oil
- 150 g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 ml Amaro (herbs liquor) or one other liquor like rum, for instance
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 285 g selfmade grape jam
- 50 g chocolate 70%
- 50 g chopped almonds, roasted
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- icing sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- kneader/stand mixer (elective)
- tarts or bocconotti moulds
- adjustable curler
- silpat or teflon
- sharp knife
MAke the dough for the pastries.
- Within the bowl of the KitchenAid, add the eggs, sugar, oil, liqueur and vanilla.
- Combine with the whisk on medium pace for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, grate the lemon and add it to the flour. Add somewhat salt and blend calmly.
- Begin to add the flour, little by little and mixing, utilizing the flat beater, for a number of seconds. Simply sufficient to combine all of the ingredients nicely.
- Switch the dough to a piece floor and knead for 1 minute to attain a uniform dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal elements.
- Place the dough on a silpat and roll out with an adjustable rolling pin to a thickness of two mm.
- Cowl with plastic movie and place on a perforated tray.
- Roll out the opposite dough, this time I did it on a teflon sheet. Cowl with plastic movie and place on prime of the opposite dough.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or retailer within the freezer for 45 minutes.
Line the moulds with the dough.
- Place the mould on prime of the dough and minimize the dough to a dimension barely bigger than the mould.
- Place the dough on the mould, beforehand greased with butter, mine are 10 cm lengthy, and punctiliously alter it to the mould.
- Run a rolling pin over the floor, this step will assist us to chop the dough and obtain a cleaner and extra good end.
- Take away the surplus dough by sliding the dough downwards.
- Repeat the identical course of with the remainder of the moulds.
- The dough scraps may be rolled out once more to fill extra tartlets.
- Refrigerate the moulds whereas getting ready the filling.
Lower the dough that covers the pastries.
- With the assistance of the mould you will use, minimize out the cake toppers. Attempt to fill and minimize the identical variety of items.
- Upon getting marked all of the dough with the covers, put it within the freezer for half-hour. The colder the dough is, the higher we can deal with it.
Put together grape chocolate filling.
- Chop the darkish chocolate and put aside.
- In a bowl, add the grape jam and the chopped chocolate along with the almonds and cinnamon. Combine till homogenised.
Fill the bocconotti and canopy them.
- Fill the moulds with the grape jam and chocolate combination. Unfold the filling nicely to acquire a easy floor.
- Take away the marked dough from the freezer. With the assistance of a knife, take away the dough from the silpat. To do that, slide it beneath the pastry.
- Place the dough on the mould and seal the ends by urgent gently.
- Repeat the identical course of with all of the moulds.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 355ºF/180ºC.
- Place the molds on a perforated tray lined with Teflon, to forestall any molds from overflowing to the ground of the oven, and place them at half peak.
- Bake for 20 minutes. We’ll observe that they purchase a pleasant golden coloration on the floor.
- Take away from the oven and place the molds on a rack. Enable to chill fully earlier than eradicating from the mildew.
- They are often simply faraway from the mildew by turning the mildew over.
- I used icing sugar and cocoa powder to embellish the skin, however you possibly can adorn them with simply icing sugar if you want.
- Place a scraper on the pastry, lengthways, and sprinkle half of it with icing sugar.
- Change the scraper to the opposite facet and sprinkle the opposite half with cocoa powder.
- We should always not knead/work the bottom dough an excessive amount of to keep away from growing gluten. This is able to trigger the dough to swell loads throughout baking. For that purpose we use the fraisage method to amalgamate it.
- Liqueur within the dough may be adjusted to your style or to the liqueurs you may have at house. For those who do not need to use liqueur, you possibly can omit it instantly.
- This dough should at all times be dealt with very chilly to keep away from it sticking to the work floor or our fingers. In my case, I select to maintain it within the freezer for a couple of minutes, so that it’s going to last more, agency and straightforward to deal with.
- I used 10 cm lengthy curly molds.
- In my case I used selfmade grape jam. However in case you favor, you need to use one other number of jam similar to cherry (I made half with grape and half with cherry, I can not say which of the 2 is healthier), strawberry, raspberry, figs…
- My jam is made with sugar, however you possibly can select to make it with out sugar as per the standard recipe.
- I counsel you to make use of good high quality chocolate and almonds, because the outcome is not going to be the identical.
- In case the truffles don’t unmould nicely, there’s a trick that may help you unmould them with none issues. As soon as the truffles have cooled fully, put them within the freezer for 60-90 minutes. The change in temperature will trigger the dough to contract and the truffles will unmould with none issues. Simply insert the tip of a knife into the facet of the pastry and it’ll come out very cleanly.
- They are often stored in an hermetic container for 15 days. They will not final that lengthy, I warn you.
Any more, I can not think about a weekend with no Bocconotti Abruzzesi to accompany my espresso. It’s so delicate, fragrant, elegant, refined and addictive that you simply will not have the ability to stay with out it. You’d let me know.
It is also the sort of recipe that does not require very laborious or sophisticated processes, so there is not any excuse to not make it at house.
I want you a beautiful weekend!
Sources: Cram Regione Abruzzo, Prodotti tipici Abruzzesi