Your data to creating the BEST Chocolate Lined Strawberries. It’s less complicated than you suppose to achieve connoisseur chocolate strawberries which can be good for Valentine’s Day, Mothers Day, or any special occasion.
This submit would possibly embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Study my disclosure protection.
We love specific Valentine’s Day Recipes from Lava Truffles to Panna Cotta, and naturally Pink Velvet Cake. For those who’re a fan of romantic desserts, these Chocolate Lined Strawberries are a must-try!
Chocolate Lined Strawberries Video
For individuals who cherished this video tutorial for Chocolate Strawberries, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Click on on the bell icon to be notified as soon as we submit a model new video.
Why you will Love this Recipe
We’re sharing our tips on how one can soften and temper chocolate the exact means so you end up with shiny and non-sticky chocolate coated strawberries which have considerably crunch everytime you chew into them.
We’re moreover sharing our method for dipping strawberries in chocolate and the way one can beautify strawberries. It’s surprisingly easy to make these beautiful tuxedo strawberries or a strawberry bouquet.
To make simple chocolate-covered strawberries, you truly solely need two elements:
- Semi-sweet chocolate – chocolate chips or bars
- Strawberries – determine huge strawberries with vibrant stems
The Most interesting Chocolate for Dipping Strawberries
You want precise semisweet or darkish chocolate for tempering. For the tempering to work, the chocolate might want to have cocoa butter throughout the elements. These are good decisions:
- Ghirardelli baking bars
- Seller Joe’s Pound Plus Chocolate from Belgium
- Guittard chocolate wafers.
Can I make the most of Candy Melts? Candy melts are compound chocolate and embrace completely different elements other than cocoa butter. You must make the most of them, merely soften primarily based on package deal deal instructions.
Learn how to Make Chocolate Lined Strawberries:
- Put collectively strawberries – rinse and utterly pat dry with paper towels. Insert skewers if using.
- Soften chocolate – Set 2/3 of your chopped chocolate proper right into a bowl over a double boiler (a saucepan with about 1-inch of barely simmering water) and stir with a spatula for about 2 minutes until principally melted and 110˚F then immediately take away from heat and set on a towel.
- Add remaining chocolate: Stir in remaining 1/3 chocolate and stir repeatedly until chocolate cools to 90˚F.
- Dip strawberries: pull once more the leaves to utilize as a take care of. Dip and roll strawberry throughout the chocolate until completely coating, letting additional drip once more throughout the bowl. Place on parchment paper (if skewered, set skewer proper right into a foam block).
- Beautify strawberries: using white chocolate, crushed nuts, and sprinkles. Watch the video tutorial to see how we made tuxedo strawberries.
If the chocolate cools: place the bowl of chocolate once more over the double boiler and warmth the chocolate once more to 90˚F (not hotter), stirring repeatedly.
You must make the most of meals coloring in white chocolate nevertheless steer clear of water-based meals coloring. Use gel colors.
Unfold additional chocolate over plastic wrap, let it cool then break into objects and retailer for a future enterprise. You’ll be able to do the similar with darkish or white chocolate.
Certain, nevertheless microwaving has a greater hazard of burning chocolate. Place chopped chocolate proper right into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir then heat one different 30 seconds, stir and heat for one or two 15-second increments until chocolate is melted with stirring. Maintain the chocolate temperature between 90˚-95˚F.
Tempering is a method of heating and cooling chocolate to stabilize it so you end up with chocolate that has a nice shine and snap to it and gained’t be sticky to the contact.
A double boiler or “Bain-marie” is a simple method to heat elements gently over steam. You can even make a double boiler using a medium saucepan filled with about an inch of barely simmering water. Place a rimmed bowl over the saucepan so the bowl sits above the rim of the saucepan over the steam (with out touching the water).
Recommendations for Making Chocolate Lined Strawberries
- Dry strawberries – utterly pat dry with paper towels. Water will cease chocolate from sticking and might make chocolate boring. Moist strawberries often are likely to get mushy throughout the fridge.
- Water is the enemy of melting chocolate. Steer clear of getting any water throughout the chocolate whereas tempering or it could cease the chocolate, make it lumpy, and dry it out. Use a rimmed bowl to take care of steam out and make sure the bowl and spatula are dry.
- Use a thermometer to confirm the temperature of the chocolate and take away it from heat when it reaches 110˚F. It should not at all be hotter than 120˚F otherwise you’ll burn the chocolate. Glass bowls retain heat so take away shortly and set over a kitchen towel to steer clear of overheating.
- Mix the chocolate repeatedly as a result of it cools to the optimum dipping temperature of 85 to 90˚F.
Chocolate Lined Strawberries are best inside 1 to 2 days of making them as a result of the chocolate will set off the strawberries to sweat. Retailer uncovered at room temperature for 1 day and refrigerate uncovered in a single day if making ahead.
I hope you’re impressed and excited to attempt Hand-crafted Chocolate Lined Strawberries. Have gratifying, get inventive and tag me on social so I can see your beautiful strawberries.
Additional Strawbery Recipes:
For individuals who love Chocolate Strawberries, you then gained’t want to miss these current strawberry recipes.
Chocolate Lined Strawberries Recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook dinner dinner Time: 5 minutes
Complete Time: 30 minutes
The ultimate phrase data to creating the BEST Chocolate Lined Strawberries. You’ll create beautiful, connoisseur chocolate strawberries which can be good for any special occasion.
Worth to Make:
$8-$12 (varies by season)
chocolate coated strawberries
Power: 90 kcal
Servings: 25 huge strawberries
For the Chocolate Lined Strawberries:
stems linked (30-35-count)
semi-sweet chocolate bars or chips*
(finely chopped if using bars)
White chocolate chips
melted to dip and drizzle
Finely chopped nuts
(walnuts, pistachios, almonds)
- Vibrant sprinkles
- Colored sanding sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
to melt and drizzle
Rinse strawberries and pat dry utterly with a paper towel. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet (skewer strawberries if desired to set proper right into a foam block).
Learn how to Soften Chocolate:
Soften two-thirds (8oz) of your chopped semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until chocolate is mostly melted and reaches 110˚F (not at all hotter than 120˚F or chocolate will burn).
Immediately take away the bowl from heat and set it on a kitchen towel. Add remaining 1/3 of unmelted chocolate chips and stir constantly until cooled to 90˚F (the optimum dipping temperature is 85-90˚F.) If too warmth, add additional chocolate chips. If it begins to relax, return the bowl to the double boiler to warmth once more to 90˚F.
Learn how to Dip Strawberries:
Working with one strawberry at a time, pull once more the leaves to utilize as a take care of. Then dip and roll in chocolate until evenly coated. Elevate up the strawberry and let additional chocolate drip off. Place on wax or parchment-lined baking sheet (or place onto a foam block if using skewers).
To Beautify Strawberries:
Sprinkle on nuts, crumbs, or sprinkles whereas chocolate is moist so it adheres. As quickly as semi-sweet chocolate is prepared, you can drizzle and beautify with melted white chocolate.
*Use precise chocolate with cocoa butter listed as an ingredient, corresponding to Ghirardelli baking bars or Seller Joes Pound Plus Belgian chocolate.
Weight loss program Particulars
Chocolate Lined Strawberries Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Power from Fat 45
% Day-after-day Price*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Trans Fat 1g
Ldl ldl cholesterol 1mg0%
Vitamin A 11IU0%
Vitamin C 21mg25%
* % Day-after-day Values are based totally on a 2000 calorie meals plan.