These simple do-it-yourself Calzones embrace pizza dough stuffed together with your favourite pizza toppings, making a enjoyable customizable dinner that everybody loves. Calzones will be made upfront or frozen for a simple freezer meal.
- recipe do-it-yourself pizza dough (or 2 lbs pizza dough)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 entire egg , overwhelmed
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce , for dipping
Desired Pizza toppings:
- Cooked Sausage
- Canadian bacon
- Cooked shredded chicken
- sliced mushrooms
- Chopped Bell pepper
- Chopped Onion
- Preheat oven to 450 levels F. Set pizza stone in oven to get sizzling whereas oven preheats (or use a baking sheet turned the wrong way up).
- Divide pizza dough into 8 parts. Roll a bit right into a flat disk, about 1/4 inch thick. Add about ¼ cup of toppings to at least one facet, together with a beneficiant sprinkle of cheese. Fold the opposite half of dough over the toppings and seal the sides collectively.
- Place calzones on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Use a pointy knife to make a slit on prime of every calzone (for steam to flee whereas baking). Evenly brush tops of calzones with overwhelmed egg, then sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Switch calzones (on the parchment paper) to the recent pizza stone or baking sheet within the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or till golden brown. Enable to chill for a minimum of 10 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with warmed pizza sauce, for dipping