Recipe bread with outdated dough
Components for two breads, 500 g
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 528 g Multicereali flour or sturdy flour
- 376 g water
- 120 g pâte fermentée (recipe beneath)
- 0,7 g dry yeast
- 9,4 g salt
FOR PÂTE FERMENTÉE (72 hours within the fridge):
- 75 g bread flour
- 50 g water
- 0,25 g dry yeast
- 1,3 g salt
Make pâte fermentée.
- Within the KitchenAid bowl, or we will combine the whole lot by hand, add all of the ingredients and blend with the hook at velocity 1.
- You shouldn’t develop gluten or do intensive kneading, simply combine till no dry ingredients stay.
- Cowl the bowl with a bathe cap or movie and go away it to face for 10-12 hours at room temperature. In my case 70.7ºF/21.5ºC.
- Refrigerate for 72 hours.
- In summer season we do it in another way. As soon as we combine the ingredients, we let it stand at room temperature till it grows 1/3 of its quantity and we refrigerate it till the second of use.
72 HOURS AFTER MAKING THE PÂTE FERMENTÉE
Make the dough for bread with outdated dough.
- In a large bowl add the flour with the water, combine and make an autolysis of two hours.
- After this time, we add 120 g of pâte fermentée together with the yeast. Combine till you get a homogeneous dough.
- Add the salt and blend once more till it integrates.
- Knead, combining kneading with resting (bear in mind to cowl the dough at all times at this level), till an ideal improvement of gluten.
- As soon as the dough is completely developed, put it right into a container beforehand greased with oil and make bulk fermentation.
- Go away it at room temperature till it grows 1/3 of its quantity. In my case it was 3 hours at 73.4ºF/23ºC, wherein I made 2 folds each 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate till the following day. In my case it was 17 hours at 39ºF/4°C.
Divide and form.
- Take away the dough out of the fridge and mood it for 2 hours at 23ºC. The dough ought to develop greater than double, in my case I let it triple its quantity.
- Prove the dough on a barely floured floor and divide the dough into two equal items, weighing about 515 g every.
- Preshape very gently, cowl and go away to relaxation for quarter-hour.
- Form right into a batard. In this video I present you how one can form batards.
- Place on a linen, beforehand sprinkled with flour.
- Repeat the identical course of with the opposite piece and place it on the linen. To separate each items, we are going to create a fold with the linen.
- Cowl with the linen.
- Let it ferment for 60 minutes at 77.9ºF/25.5ºC. Keep in mind that the ultimate time of fermentation might be marked by the surface temperature. Particularly now that the temperature is beginning to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 445ºF/230ºC.
- Place the tray, stone or metal plate within the lowest a part of the oven and a container/tray with volcanic stones that we’ll place inside since we activate the oven, this manner they may also take temperature. We will place them beneath the plate that we bake or simply on one facet of it, leaving house for the bread. The perfect is to preheat from 30 to 40 minutes earlier than.
- 5 minutes earlier than putting the bread within the oven, warmth water (just a little greater than half a cup), we will do it within the microwave.
- Put the bread on a picket board lined with baking paper. To maneuver the piece we may help us with a scraper.
- In my case I made a decision to brighten the floor with a template and sprinkling flour. It is a purely ornamental step and will be omitted.
- With the assistance of a lame, make two parallel cuts, much like these we might make on a baguette or this bread.
- We will moisten the blade to assist it slide nicely into the dough.
- Place the bread within the oven serving to us with the picket board (sliding the bread on the metal) and pour boiling water on the tray with stones, shut the door. We should attempt to do it as quickly as attainable in order to not lose the inside temperature of the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes with warmth solely beneath and steam, we flip off the highest resistance*. By turning off the warmth on the prime we favour the growth of the bread and stop the crust from sealing up prematurely. We’ll acquire a bread with nice quantity.
- After these first 10 minutes, open the door barely to launch all of the steam from the within, being very cautious to not burn your self, we take out the tray/container with stones and shut the door once more.
- Bake for quarter-hour extra to 428ºF/220ºC with warmth up and down. Scale back to 374ºF/190ºC and go away for five extra minutes. Put convection to 374ºF/190ºC and end baking with one other 5 minutes.
- Take the breads out of the oven and let it cool fully on a rack earlier than slicing them.
- Pâte fermentée, in the summertime, will rise a lot sooner. I counsel you to go away it at room temperature till it has grown by 1/3 of its quantity after which refrigerate it till the following day. Earlier than utilizing it for baking, we must always mood it for 1-2 hours.
- The quantity of yeast we use could not appear a lot to you. However remember the fact that we’re including a number of dough, beforehand fermented.
- Keep in mind that for each gram of dry yeast, 3 g of recent yeast are used. In case you use the latter, you should improve the quantity.
- The kind of flour used to make this bread will situation the ultimate hydration of the bread. In my case I’ve used a flour with a power W=290, but when we use one weaker, you should cut back the ultimate hydration.
- It may be stored in good situation for 2-3 days wrapped in movie or in a zip-lock bag. Though the perfect is to devour it throughout the day.
- It may be frozen, sliced, and defrosted within the toaster.
I hope you appreciated this put up about Learn how to make bread with outdated dough. A brand new manner of creating bread at house to take note of and, above all, to reap the benefits of the preferement leftovers or dough that we could have from different gildings.
Due to using outdated dough, we get breads with an unimaginable style and aroma. Along with an inside construction in its crumb fairly enticing. Not the identical as if we use sourdough, however the result’s fairly good.
I’ve left you a distinct format, some 500 g loaves, however you can provide it the form you want finest; boule, batard, rolls, loaves… The format that most accurately fits your tastes and / or wants 😉
I want you a cheerful midweek!