Recipe Korean cream cheese garlic bread
Components for 8 items
Recipe tailored Poke the Dough
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 500 g bread flour
- 250 g entire milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs (115 g)
- 50 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3,5 g dry yeast
- 60 g sugar
- 6 g salt
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 450 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 60 g sugar
FOR BUTTER GARLIC MIXTURE:
- 260 g unsalted butter
- 20 garlic cloves, smashed (paste)
- 60 g condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 40 g honey
- 6 g parsley
Make the dough.
- Add the flour together with the milk, eggs, yeast and sugar. Combine with the hook at pace 1 till a developed dough is obtained. It would take us some time, that is why it is higher to make use of a dough mixer when you’ve got one.
- As soon as we’ve got the gluten developed, incorporate the butter. We are going to do it in two batches and we won’t add the subsequent one till the primary one has been utterly absorbed.
- The overall time of kneading will probably be round 1 hour with relaxation occasions.
Make bulk fermentation.
- Make a ball with the dough and put it in a barely greased container. Cowl and let it rise till it doubles in dimension. In my case it was 4 hours and 50 minutes at 73,4º-75ºF/23º-24ºC.
- Fold the dough, contained in the container or on a clear work floor, to softly degas it.
- Put it again within the container and depart it for 45 minutes at room temperature (76ºF/24.5ºC).
- Retailer within the fridge in a single day. In my case it was 13 hours at 39ºF/4ºC.
- Take away the dough from the fridge and mood it for two hours.
- Flip the dough over on a clear work floor and punctiliously degas it.
- Divide it into 8 items of 120 g and preshape them very gently. Cowl with movie and depart to relaxation for 20 minutes.
- Form the rolls in the identical means as you’ll preshape them, however with the correct quantity of stress. We should not overdo it or tighten the dough.
- Place them on a tray lined with baking paper leaving a spot between them in order that they develop (we are going to want 2 trays), brush them with olive oil, cowl them with movie and allow them to rise till they double in dimension. In my case it was 3 3/4 hours at 75ºF/24.2ºC.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/175ºC.
- Brush the rolls with crushed egg and place them at medium top. Bake for 20 minutes or till the within temperature is 185º-194ºF/85-90ºC.
- Take away from the oven, place them on a rack and allow them to quiet down utterly.
Put together cream cheese.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and soften it with the assistance of a spatula.
- Add the sugar and blend.
- Put the cream right into a piping bag and put aside.
Put together garlic butter sauce.
- Soften the butter and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes in order that it may be tempered.
- Add the garlic paste along with the eggs, the condensed milk and the honey.
- Combine till utterly homogenized.
- Put aside.
- Reduce every bun right into a star form with out reducing the bottom. We are going to create a six-pointed star.
- Open barely and fill both sides, between the cuts, with cream cheese.
- Dip the bread within the garlic butter combination, drain barely and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Pipe extra cream cheese within the heart of every piece and bake once more at 330ºF/165ºC for 10-Quarter-hour.
- Take away from the oven, place on a rack, sprinkle with salt flakes and serve.
- Every time doable, I counsel you to make the rolls at residence. We will divide the method in two days to make it extra bearable.
- Do not forget that 1 g of dry yeast is equal to three g of contemporary yeast.
- It is extremely vital to knead nicely, deal with the dough with care and perform the fermentations appropriately to realize a young and spongy end in our breads.
- The filling is made with Philadelphia kind cream cheese. If you’re questioning if you need to use it gentle, I’ll inform you that it doesn’t make a lot sense. Not solely as a result of the consistency, texture and creaminess of the cream won’t be the identical… but additionally as a result of we’re going to dip our breads in a mix of butter.
- We will add garlic very chopped or made right into a paste, this may all the time be to our style. If we favor to search out small items or attempt to conceal it within the combination, however acquiring all the flavour.
- We will use contemporary chopped or dry parsley.
- You probably have and like panko, we will sprinkle a bit bit on the breads, as soon as they’re submerged within the butter combination, and simply earlier than giving them the second batch.
- These cheese and garlic breads, as soon as stuffed and baked, will be reheated once more earlier than consuming. Give them a warmth stroke within the oven for 5-6 minutes.
If you’re lovers of bread, cheese and garlic, then it will not take a lot to persuade you to attempt them at residence. This Korean cream cheese garlic bread may be very completely different from what we’re used to and, after all, it’s worthwhile to attempt them.
At residence, because it usually occurs to me, they discovered it a reasonably unusual mixture. In reality, they did not suppose they want it since there are ingredients (like honey) that may solely be eaten in very particular issues. However to my shock, and theirs, they liked it.
Now that the temperatures have fallen a bit, it’s the excellent second to arrange these comforting and nutritious recipes. We should put together for the chilly frosts that await us, hahaha.
I want you an exquisite weekend!
Sources: Two Plaid Aprons, My Dwelling diary in Turkey