Lasagna Stuffed Shells are large shell noodles filled with a tacky ricotta and crimson sauce filling. Double the recipe to make an additional freezer meal!
- 12-ounce field Jumbo pasta shells (about 24 shells)
- 1/2 pound floor beef
- 1/2-pound jimmy deans floor sausage
- salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion , chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- /2 cup water
- 2-3 teaspoons Italian seasonings, to style
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet over medium-high warmth brown the beef and sausage. Take away grease. Add meat to a meals processor and pulse 2-3 instances till the meat is crumbled actually small. Return to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, water, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Style sauce and extra salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, or garlic powder, if wanted.
- In the meantime, cook the jumbo pasta shells in accordance with package deal instructions, till al-dente. Drain from water and lay out on a large baking sheet to chill, in order that they do not stick collectively.
- Add the ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl and blend properly to mix.
- Unfold 1 cup of the meat sauce into the underside of a 9×13” pan. Stuff every cooked shell with a small spoonful of ricotta combination, then a spoonful of meat combination and set them face up in a large baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining crimson sauce excessive of the entire stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 levels for 25-Half-hour.
Make Forward Directions: assemble the complete dish, cowl and retailer within the fridge till able to bake.
Freezing Directions: Lasagna stuffed shells makes for a superb freezer meal. Assemble the dish following the recipe instructions however do not bake. Think about using a disposable container or aluminum pan. As soon as the meal is assembled, cowl it with a layer of plastic wrap after which a double layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day, take away plastic wrap, cowl with foil and bake for 45 minutes coated, then quarter-hour uncovered.