Substances for 16 items
Recipe tailored from one in all my fav books “Le Grand Livre de la Boulangerie“
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 325 g bread flour, W=300
- 125 g plain flour, W=200
- 175 g egg (about 3 large eggs)
- 130 g complete milk
- 120 g sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 g dry yeast
- 5 g salt
FOR WHITE TOPPING:
- 70 g bread flour
- 70 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 70 g icing sugar
FOR COCOA TOPPING:
- 60 g bread flour
- 10 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 70 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 70 g icing sugar
Make the dough for Mexican Conchas.
- Within the bowl of the stand mixer/kneader, add the two varieties of flour along with the milk, eggs, dry yeast, vanilla extract, salt and sugar. Knead at pace 1 for about 8-10 minutes. We should get a semi-developed dough.
- Cease the stand mixer/kneader and begin including the butter little by little. Let it totally combine into the dough earlier than including extra.
- Knead the dough till the gluten is properly developed. It needs to be elastic, delicate, easy and never break.
- Make a ball with the dough and place inside a bowl or airtight container. Cowl with movie or with its corresponding lid.
- Let it rise till it nearly triples in quantity, somewhat greater than doubling. Relying on the temperature might take roughly time. In my case it was 5 hours at 87ºF/30.6ºC.
- If we need to divide the method in 2 days, as soon as it has grown 1/3 of its quantity, refrigerate till the following day.
Make the toppings for conchas.
- In a bowl add the ingredients for the white topping and blend with the assistance of your palms. The outcome will likely be a homogeneous combination.
- Repeat the identical course of to make the cocoa topping.
- As soon as we’ve them prepared, cowl them with movie and allow them to relaxation whereas the dough fermentation takes place.
Put together the toppings to put on the conchas.
- Earlier than we form the items, we’ll depart the toppings prepared.
- Divide the white topping into 25 g items and make ballsy. Repeat the identical course of with the cocoa topping.
- Place inside a bowl and canopy with movie to forestall drying.
- Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes. This step will facilitate the stretching of every piece with out sticking to the palms and / or work floor.
Divide and form.
- You probably have determined to place the dough within the fridge, bear in mind to take away it 1-2 hours earlier than to form the buns. If it has not reached the specified quantity, depart till it reaches this level.
- Divide the dough into 16 items of 60-65 g every.
- Form easily, with out exerting an excessive amount of rigidity. The softer you manipulate the dough, the extra tender the ultimate outcome will likely be. Do not forget that you probably have created leftovers when dividing the dough, they need to at all times stay within the centre of the piece.
On this case I made a decision to not preshape the dough, however to form it straight. My intention was to examine that the much less we manipulate the items, the higher the ultimate outcome we’ll get hold of. And so it was. A really tender crumb and no compact.
- Place the items on a perforated tray lined with baking paper. You will want two trays.
Put the toppings on the conchas and make the ultimate proof.
- Stretch with the assistance of a curler pin or along with your palms a topping piece. Ideally, it ought to have a barely bigger diameter than the piece of dough.
- Place on the formed piece and alter.
- With the assistance of a blade, draw strains that simulate the outside look of a shell. Watch out to not lower the piece of dough, simply the masking.
- Repeat the identical course of with the remainder of the items.
- Cowl with movie and allow them to rise till they double in dimension. In my case it was 3 hours at 86ºF/30ºC. Now that it’s much less sizzling, it’ll take them longer to rise. You’ll discover that the cuts that you’ve made on the topping, have opened and it is possible for you to to understand depth in them.
- Preheat oven to 320ºF/160ºC.
- Bake at medium top for 20 minutes. Do not forget that the within temperature should attain 190º-194ºF/88º-90ºC for the baking to be completed.
- Take away from the oven and let it cool fully on a rack.
- Within the NOTES part, I inform you find out how to hold them for a very long time.
- Respect all of the steps, rests and rising time to acquire a very good outcome as a lot in taste as in texture and sponginess.
- I like to recommend you to make use of a very good high quality butter as a result of this can have an effect on the ultimate style of the dough.
- The toppings I’ve made them with vanilla and cocoa, however you can provide it shade and aroma in order for you. For instance with matcha tea, beet powder, turmeric… Or in case you desire to make use of meals colorants, you can even do it.
- They final in excellent situation for 4 days saved in a zip-type bag at room temperature (if it isn’t too sizzling). From right here, they are going to start to lose tenderness.
- If we need to protect the Mexican conchas for a number of days/weeks whereas sustaining the identical freshness because the day we baked them, we’ll do the next. As soon as they’ve cooled fully, retailer them in zip-type freezer luggage of two in 2 (or extra if you want) and freeze. Once we need to devour them, take away them from the freezer the night time earlier than and depart them at room temperature. The subsequent morning they are going to be as freshly baked, very tender.
- If it’s a time of the 12 months when it is vitally sizzling, in 2-3 hours they are going to be thawed and able to eat.
If you wish to get off to a very good begin day by day, then do it with these Mexican Conchas. At dwelling I’ve ready them a number of instances since I made them in these 2 lasts summer time months. What I appreciated essentially the most is how properly they hold frozen, the feel, tenderness, taste… It is precisely the identical because the day I baked them. I inform you that I have been having this marvelous breakfast for a number of days accompanied by a very good espresso.
Perhaps you discover them extra laborious than they’re, however I promise you that carrying them out is kind of straightforward. And it is positively price it.
I want you a very good begin to the week!
Sources:Eater, Weblog Sección amarilla, Weblog sección amarilla (2)