This Wholesome Rooster Alfredo pasta recipe is made in only one pan, with all the flavour of conventional Alfredo, with out the energy!
- 6 ounces raw farfalle pasta or any bite-sized form pasta (white or wheat), about 3 cups
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Lower chicken breasts into bite-size items, about 1 inch, and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Add chicken to the new skillet and brown on all sides for 1-2 minutes (you don’t must cook it during).
- Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add chicken broth, milk, flour, onion powder, basil, parsley and raw pasta to pan and stir properly to mix.
- Deliver to a delicate boil, then cowl and cut back warmth to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or till pasta is tender, stirring a few times throughout this time.
- Take away from warmth and stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, if wanted.
Serve with veggies, inexperienced salad, breadsticks, fruit.