Elements for 14 items
FOR SEMLA DOUGH:
- 500 g bread flour
- 225 g entire milk
- 90 g sugar
- 30 g honey
- 1 large egg
- 100 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp floor cardamom(6 g cardamom pods)
- 3 g osmotolerant dried yeast
- 8 g salt
- 1 overwhelmed egg for brushing
FOR GREEN MARZIPAN:
- 250 g floor almonds
- 240 g icing sugar
- 10 g honey
- 30 g water + inexperienced coloring paste “Occasion Inexperienced”
FOR ALMOND CREAM:
- 125 g floor almonds
- 60 g entire milk
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR WHIPPED CREAM:
- 300 g heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar
DECORATE AND FILL:
- raspberry jam
- dried edible rose buds
- icing sugar
Preparamos el mazapán.
- Dissolve inexperienced coloring paste within the water. Put aside.
- In a large bowl combine the bottom almond with icing sugar, honey and water.
- Begin mixing the ingredients with the assistance of a silicone spatula. As soon as it begins to accumulate a extra stable consistency, knead it with our palms.
- Knead the dough very properly till a uniform, easy and manageable consistency is achieved. It’s going to take some time.
- Form a cylinder, wrap very properly in movie and let stand within the fridge for 24 hours.
Make semla dough.
- Within the bowl of the stand mixer/kneader, add the flour along with the milk, egg, dry yeast and sugar. Knead at velocity 1 for about 8-10 minutes. We should get a semi-developed dough.
- Add honey together with salt and vanilla. Knead once more till they’re utterly built-in.
- Cease the stand mixer/kneader and begin including the butter little by little. Let it absolutely combine into the dough earlier than including extra.
- Knead the dough till the gluten is properly developed. It needs to be elastic, tender, easy and never break.
- Add the bottom cardamom and knead once more, for 2-3 minutes, to assist it distribute evenly.
- Form right into a ball with the dough and place inside a bowl or airtight container. Cowl with movie or with its corresponding lid.
- Go away it to rise to 1/3 of its quantity. In my case it was 3 hours and quarter-hour at 70ºF/21ºC.
- Refrigerate in a single day.
Mood the dough and form.
- The dough should triple its quantity. In case you haven’t accomplished it within the fridge, go away it at room temperature till it reaches that measurement. If the dough has tripled, mood it 1-2 hours earlier than working with it.
- Relying on the temperature it will probably take roughly time. In my case it was 3 1/2 hours at 82,4ºF/28ºC managed.
- Divide the dough into 14 items of 70-75 g every.
- Form easily, with out exerting an excessive amount of rigidity. The softer you manipulate the dough, the extra tender the ultimate end result will probably be. Keep in mind that if in case you have created leftovers when dividing the dough, they need to all the time stay within the centre of the piece..
- On this case I made a decision to not preshape the dough, however to form it straight.
- Place the items on a perforated tray lined with baking paper. You will want two trays.
- Cowl with movie and go away it to rise till it triples in measurement. In my case it was 3 hours at 82,4ºF/28ºC managed. If it is much less sizzling, it will take longer to rise.
- Preheat oven to 355ºF/180ºC.
- Brush them with overwhelmed egg.
- Bake at medium peak for 12 minutes. Keep in mind that the within temperature should attain 190º-194ºF/88º-90ºC for the baking to be completed.
- Take away from the oven and let it cool utterly on a rack.
- Within the NOTES part, I let you know easy methods to preserve them for a very long time.
Make whipped cream.
- Cream have to be chilly 24 hours earlier than used it.
- The bowl during which we’re going to make whipped cream have to be chilly. I like to recommend to make use of one aluminium bowl and freeze 20 minutes earlier than beat it.
- Pour heavy cream into freeze bowl and beat with an electrical mixer into gradual velocity.
- As soon as cream is turning into to kind stiff peaks, add sugar little by little stirring the entire time. Enhance velocity regularly however with out reaches excessive one. Ideally use medium velocity.
- Earlier than end to beat the cream, add vanilla extract and beat till get an ideal whipping cream. Make sure to not over-beat, in any other case cream will grow to be lumpy and butter-like.
- Cowl with plastic wrap and chill till used it.
Make almond cream.
- In a bowl, add the almond with the icing sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Combine till you get a paste.
- Place in a piping bag. Put aside.
Cowl the buns with the inexperienced marzipan.
- Take 50 g of inexperienced marzipan and stretch it with a curler pin. To forestall it from sticking to the work floor and the curler, sprinkle with icing sugar.
- We should stretch it till it reaches a diameter bigger than the dimensions of the bun. Watch out to not stretch the marzipan an excessive amount of, as it should look translucent when positioned on the roll and won’t look good.
- To assist the marzipan adhere to the bun, barely moisten the floor of the marzipan with water. Place it rigorously on the roll and modify it properly.
- Minimize out the surplus marzipan and fold the folds in the direction of the bottom.
- The leftovers will be joined with the remainder of the marzipan to proceed protecting the buns.
- Repeat the identical course of with the remainder of the items.
- In case you’ll go away them ready prematurely, however with out filling, when you place the marzipan, wrap it with movie individually and refrigerate it.
- Put the whipped cream in a piping bag with a 1M tip.
- With the assistance of a knife, reduce the highest of the bun. We will do it within the form of a triangle or in a circle. As you prefer it finest.
- While you reduce the “lid”, you need to tilt the knife to chop at an angle.
- Take away the half we’ve reduce and put it apart.
- Empty the buns just a little, eradicating some crumbs.
- Fill with a teaspoon of raspberry jam on the base.
- Pipe the almond filling contained in the seed till it reaches the floor.
- Embellish with whipped cream.
- Place the lid that we’ve reduce off, sprinkle with icing sugar and adorn with a dried rose.
- Repeat the identical course of with the remainder of Princess Semla.
- To serve it, the perfect is to position a Princess Semla in a bowl or a deep plate. Pour heat milk into the bottom and luxuriate in.
- Respect all of the steps, rests and rising time to acquire a great end result as a lot in taste as in texture and sponginess.
- I like to recommend you to make use of a great high quality butter as a result of it will have an effect on the ultimate style of the dough.
- They final in excellent situation for 4 days saved in a zip-type bag at room temperature (if it isn’t too sizzling). From right here, they may start to lose tenderness.
- If we need to protect the buns for a number of days/weeks (with out marzipan or filling) whereas sustaining the identical freshness because the day we baked them, we are going to do the next. As soon as they’ve cooled utterly, retailer them in zip-type freezer luggage of two in 2 (or extra if you want) and freeze. After we need to eat them, take away them from the freezer the evening earlier than and go away them at room temperature. The subsequent morning they are going to be as freshly baked, very tender.
- If it’s a time of the 12 months when it is extremely sizzling, in 2-3 hours they are going to be thawed and able to eat.
- The inexperienced marzipan, this time, I made it home made. It’s extremely wealthy in taste and with an ideal texture. However, if you happen to choose, you should buy it accomplished.
- If you’d like the cream to be thicker, you may add mascarpone. That approach you’re going to get a a lot firmer consistency. In this publish you may see easy methods to do it.
- They are often stored refrigerated, as soon as they’re assembled, for two days.
I do know that this weekend is particular and there are numerous spectacular recipes you could put together, however if you happen to actually need to shock somebody, remember to do that PrincessSemla. It is not simply it appears to be like that captivate you, a minimum of me. Its style, its fluffiness, the combo of textures… It is formidable!
I acknowledge that the recipe for the bun is probably not the basic one since it’s a recipe I’ve developed to make them. I used to be on the lookout for a really tender, tender, fragrant bun. The truth is, in my home they eat them as they arrive out of the oven, hahaha. It has handed the check with flying colors.
One factor I need to let you know, and that’s that you need to like marzipan. Because it’s a part of the filling and the outer protecting… There’s nothing else right here. However if you happen to prefer it, you may get pleasure from it immensely!
I want you a beautiful weekend and a cheerful Valentine’s Day!
Sources:Candy Sweden, Wiki, Swedes within the States