Thai Fried Rooster – the BEST fried chicken recipe ever, marinated with cilantro, garlic and Asian seasonings. Crispy, moist and so good.
Cook dinner Time
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken, drumsticks, thighs, breasts, or cut-up chicken items
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roots or use the cilantro stems, with out leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, large-grained or kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon floor black pepper
- oil for deep-frying
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- Clear the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Use a mini meals processor or a mortar and pestle to mix the garlic, cilantro roots, and salt till they develop into a nice paste.
- Add the paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce, floor black pepper to the chicken and blend properly. Switch the chicken into an enormous Ziploc bag and marinate for 4 (4) to 6 (6) hours within the fridge, or finest in a single day.
- When prepared, warmth up a pot of cooking oil or use a deep fryer. Whereas ready for the oil to warmth up, combine the three sorts of flour collectively in a brand new Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and coat evenly with the flour combination. Shake the surplus flour off.
- Drop the chicken gently into the oil and deep fry the chicken till crispy and golden brown (the within ought to cook totally however stays juicy). Switch the fried chicken out on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the surplus oil.
- Serve the fried chicken instantly with Thai candy chili sauce.