Thai Pork Satay – these skewers of pork marinated and grilled to perfection make scrumptious and straightforward Thai satay in your very own residence!
Substances for Thai Pork
- Boneless Pork Loin
- Coriander Seeds
- Coconut Milk
- Yellow Turmeric Root
- Condensed Milk
- 36 wooden skewers, 8 inches or so every, soaked in tepid water for half-hour
- 1 Thai granite mortar and pestle
- 1 charcoal grill, extremely really useful, grates oiled
- 1 piece pork again fats (extremely really useful however elective) (6-ounce/170 grams)
- 2 kilos (1 kg) boneless pork loin, lower into strips which can be roughly 3 inches lengthy(7cm), 1 inch (2 cm) extensive, and 1/4 inch (0.5cm) thick
- 11/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus further for seasoning the skewers
- 14 grams thinly sliced lemongrass, tender elements solely, from about 2 large stalks
- 1 piece peeled recent or frozen (not defrosted) galangal, thinly sliced towards grain (14 gram)
- 1 piece peeled recent or frozen (not defrosted) yellow turmeric root, thinly sliced towards grain (14 g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, ideally Black & White or Longevity model
- 1/2 teaspoon floor white pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, boxed, ideally
TO SERVE ALONGSIDE
- 1 1/2 cups Naam Jim Sateh, peanut sauce, web page 281
- 1 1/2 cups Ajaat, cucumber relish, web page 283
- 6 slices Pullman or different thick-cut white bread, evenly grilled or toasted, then quartered
MAKE THE SKEWERS
- Put the fats in a small pot, add simply sufficient water to cowl, and set the pot over excessive warmth. Convey the water to a rolling simmer, lower the warmth to take care of it, and cook till the opaque white fats has turned barely translucent about 5 minutes. Drain the fats, discarding the water, and lower it into roughly 3/4-inch squares which can be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Skewer one fats dice per skewer (discard any extras), pushing the cubes right down to about 4 inches from the tip. Weave one skewer by means of the middle of every strip of pork, exiting and getting into a number of instances, so the strip is mounted firmly to it and ends slightly below the tip of the skewer.
MAKE THE MARINADE
- Mix the coriander and cumin in a small pan, set the pan over medium-low warmth, and cook, stirring and tossing usually till the spices are very aromatic and the coriander seeds flip a shade or two darker, about 8 minutes. Let the spices cool barely and pound them in a granite mortar (or grind them in a spice grinder) to a rough powder. Mix the spice powder, condensed milk, lemongrass, galangal, turmeric, sugar, salt, pepper, and all however a number of tablespoons of the coconut milk in a blender. Mix till easy, then pour the marinade right into a container, ideally a deep, slender one. Swish the remaining coconut milk within the blender and pour it into the container.
MARINATE THE PORK
- Add the skewers to the container with the marinade in order that the meat (not essentially the fats) is submerged within the marinade. Let it sit for no less than half-hour or as much as 1 hour when you put together the grill.
COOK THE PORK
- Put together a grill, ideally charcoal, to cook over medium-high to excessive warmth (see web page 124). Or preheat a evenly oiled, large flat griddle over medium-high warmth. Take away the skewers from the marinade, letting any extra drip again into the container. Season each side of the pork with salt and cook in batches, if essential, turning the skewers over as soon as and transferring them round to include flare-ups, till the pork is simply cooked by means of and the outsides are as charred as you want them, 3 to six minutes complete.
- Serve them instantly (or cowl loosely with foil for as much as quarter-hour after grilling) alongside the peanut sauce, cucumber relish, and bread.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 74Whole Fats 3gSaturated Fats 2gLdl cholesterol 20mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 7g