Tom Yum Soup – the BEST Thai Tom Yum Goong recipe you may discover on-line. Loaded with shrimp and mushroom, Tom Yum is spicy, bitter, savory, and addictive!
Prepare dinner Time
- 2 1/2 cups shrimp inventory, finest, canned chicken inventory, or water
- 10-12 shrimp or 8 oz. (226 g), head-on and shell-on however chop the eyes half off, devein should you like
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 hen’s eyes chilies, pounded
- 3 slices galangal
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (bruised)
- 2 tablespoons nam prik pao, Thai roasted chili paste
- 2 tablespoons nam prik pao oil
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minimize into 3-inch strips, pounded with a cleaver
- 6 canned straw mushrooms / contemporary oyster mushrooms / contemporary white button mushrooms
- In a pot, deliver 3 cups of water to boil. Then add a giant handful of shrimp/prawn heads. Boil the shrimp head till the water turns barely orange in shade. Press the shrimp heads with spatula to extract the “goodies” from their heads. Let the inventory cut back to barely greater than 2 1/2 cups. Drain the shrimp inventory and discard the shrimp heads.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, hen’s eye chilies, mushrooms, nam prik bao to the shrimp inventory and convey it to boil. Add within the shrimp and fish sauce. Lastly, add the lime juice (should you add lime juice too early, the soup would possibly flip bitter). Boil till the shrimps are cooked, dish out and serve sizzling.