This straightforward Tuscan Rooster Pasta recipe consists of seasoned, crusted chicken in a creamy tuscan sauce, served over your favourite form of pasta.
- 1.5 kilos chicken tenders (or halved chicken breasts)
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
For the Tuscan Sauce:
- 1 pink bell pepper , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups child spinach leaves , roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and freshly floor black pepper to style
- 1 lb dry pasta cooked, for serving
- In a large bowl whisk collectively 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, dried basil, oregano, and onion powder. Dip chicken into bowl and flip to coat fully.
- Warmth olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium warmth. As soon as sizzling, add chicken to the pan. Prepare dinner chicken for a couple of minutes on either side, flipping solely as soon as, till golden brown and simply cooked by. Take away chicken to a plate and canopy to maintain heat.
For the Tuscan Sauce:
- Whereas chicken is resting, put together the sauce. Add a bit extra oil to the pan, if wanted.
- Add bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons oil the pan. Add flour and whisk till easy. Add chicken broth and whisk till easy. Convey sauce to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk in cream and milk. Season sauce with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to style. Simmer till simply barely thickened. Stir in recent spinach, parmesan cheese and cook for two extra minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over sizzling cooked pasta. Garnish with further recent parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Serving: 5g | Energy: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 38g | Fats: 27g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 838mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2181IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 2mg