It seems impossible that vegan chocolate chip cookies taste like a regular cookie right? But, what if I tell you not? Because this recipe features a chocolate chip cookie that is vegan but taste just like an ordinary cookie for non-vegan eaters!
You don’t have to have less if you can have the best while on vegan. With this Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, you can still enjoy and experience the incredible flavor of a classic cookie without compromising your diet!
These chocolate chip vegan cookies are soft and chewy and melt in your mouth. You won’t believe how delicious these homemade vegan cookies are.
Now just relax, get all those ingredients ready and enjoy your own homemade vegan cookie without compromising your tastebuds!
Have everyone taste it and no one will ever believe that these soft and chewy classic chocolate chip cookies are actually vegan!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (220 grams) or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 grams)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons almond or coconut milk (60 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (3 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda ( 3grams)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (vegan)
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter or any vegan butter
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a bowl and mix together using a whisk.
- Add the cashew butter, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar into a separate mixing bowl with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the cashew mixture and mix at low speed just until the cookie dough comes together.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and mix until combined. If the mixture is dry, add another tablespoon of almond or coconut milk.
- Option 1– Transfer the cookie dough onto a floured working surface and roll out the dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Refrigerate dough for 60 minutes or until it firms ups.
- Preheat the oven to 330°F (165°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper just before removing the dough.
- Remove the chilled dough and cut 1 inch in width. Place pieces onto line baking pan separating them about 2 inches apart.
- Option 2– Form the cookie dough into small balls, then press the tops to slightly flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Option 3– Scoop cookie dough using an ice cream scoop, this is my preferred method.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-11 minutes, the edges should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cook for 30 minutes.