Simple and easy vegan lemon cheesecake without coconut oil is super delicious, you won’t believe it’s vegan.
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Cheesecake Base
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 2 grams salt
- 120 grams almond flour or meal
- 80 grams vegan butter
- 120 grams gluten-free flour
Ingredients For The Cheesecake
- 250 grams raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 120 grams almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 100 grams lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2 grams salt
- 3 grams lemon extract
- 10 grams vanilla extract
- 250 grams soft tofu (silken tofu)
- 20 grams tapioca starch
- 120 grams confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberry, strawberry or mixed berry filling (for topping)
Instructions For Lemon Vegan Cheesecake Base
- Combine the almond flour, sugar, salt, and gluten-free flour in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour the melted vegan butter into the flour mixture and mix together using your hand until the mixture becomes moist and crumbly.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Spread the crumbly mixture into the base, slightly overlapping on the bottom sides and press down using a spatula or cup.
- Pierce the bottom of the base with a fork or toothpick.
- Bake at 180° C (355° F) for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Instructions How To Make The Cheesecake
- Drain the cashew and place it into a blender along with the almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon extract. Blend until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Add in the tapioca starch, soft tofu, and confectioners sugar and blend until combined.
- Pour the vegan cheesecake batter into prebaked crust. tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at 160° C (320° F) for 45-50 minutes. The side should be set but the center will be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 45 minutes, then refrigerate overnight to completely set.
- Top with blueberry, strawberry, or mixed berry filling and serve.
Recipe Credit – Gimmeyummy.com