Recipe Vienna Bread
Components for 12 items
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 500 g bread flour
- 240 g complete milk, chilly
- 3 g dry yeast or 9 g contemporary yeast
- 55 g egg
- 40 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 40 g sugar
- 8 g salt
FOR THE FILLING (elective):
- whipped cream
- strawberries minimize into eighths
- ruby powder for sprinkling
MATERIAL WE WILL NEED:
- perforated tray
- digital baking thermometer (elective)
- pastry brush
Make Vienna bread dough.
- Within the bowl of the stand mixer/kneader, add flour along with the milk, egg, dry yeast, salt and sugar. Knead at pace 1 for about 8-10 minutes. We must get a semi-developed dough.
- Cease the stand mixer/kneader and begin including the butter little by little. Let it absolutely combine into the dough earlier than including extra.
- Knead the dough till the gluten is nicely developed. It must be elastic, mushy, easy and never break.
- Make a ball with the dough and place inside a bowl or airtight container. Cowl with movie or with its corresponding lid.
- Let it rise till it nearly triples in quantity, a little bit greater than doubling. Relying on the temperature might take kind of time.
- If we wish to divide the method in 2 days, as soon as it has grown 1/3 of its quantity, refrigerate till the following day. In my case it was 2 hours and half-hour at 68ºF/20ºC and 9 hours at 39ºF/4ºC.
Divide and preshape.
- You probably have determined to place the dough within the fridge, keep in mind to take away it 1-2 hours earlier than to form the buns. If it has not reached the specified quantity, depart till it reaches this level.
- Divide the dough into 12 items of 71 g every.
- Form easily, with out exerting an excessive amount of pressure. Do not forget that when you’ve got created leftovers when dividing the dough, they need to all the time stay within the centre of the piece.
- Cowl with movie and let relaxation for quarter-hour.
Form Vienna Bread.
- I formed the rolls in two methods; elongated and spherical. To make the lengthy ones, I clarify the method beneath. To make the spherical items, we gently roll every of them once more and make transversal cuts in the best way I present you within the video. I made 6 items of every of them.
- With the assistance of a rolling pin, roll out one of many items, making an attempt to present it an elongated form.
- Roll it up on itself to kind an elongated piece. If the dough doesn’t stick nicely to itself, brush the floor with a little bit water.
- Seal the ultimate half with the dough.
- Place each palms on the piece and slide it throughout the floor, in the identical method as you’ll lengthen a baguette, to present it size.
- Place the items on a perforated tray lined with baking paper. You’ll need two trays.
- Make cuts alongside all the floor of the bread.
- Spray with water, cowl with movie and depart to rise till they nearly double in dimension. In my case they have been 4 hours at 69,8ºF/21ºC.
- Preheat oven to 374ºF/190ºC.
- Brush with crushed egg the entire floor.
- Bake at medium peak for 12 minutes. Do not forget that the within temperature should attain 190º-194ºF/88º-90ºC for the baking to be completed.
- Take away from the oven and let it cool utterly on a rack.
- Respect all of the steps, rests and rising time to acquire outcome as a lot in taste as in texture and sponginess.
- I like to recommend you to make use of high quality butter as a result of this may have an effect on the ultimate style of the dough.
- It is very important form the items nicely in order that they don’t lose their form throughout baking. In the event you discover that the dough doesn’t stick nicely to itself, brush it with water earlier than rolling to forestall it from opening throughout baking.
- We should make the cuts earlier than making the ultimate fermentation. It is very important do that safely and to not go over the minimize you could have already made.
- They are often eaten as they’re or stuffed with no matter you want.
- They final in excellent situation for 4 days saved in a zip-type bag at room temperature (if it isn’t too scorching). From right here, they are going to start to lose tenderness.
There are countless recipes that we’re bored with seeing and, I believe, for a similar motive we do not attempt to make them at residence. It is a huge mistake, as a result of we are able to miss out on nice issues like this Vienna Bread.
So do not hesitate for a second to attempt making it, both in an extended or spherical format, and with the fillings you want greatest. This bread is nice with each candy and savoury ingredients, so I am going to depart it there 😀
I want you an exquisite weekend!
Sources: Araceli Conty